Saturday, September 13, 2014

CHOOOOCOOOLAAATEEE


There are a ton of flavors of ice cream, yet there is only that calms my heart more than the others. While others prefer eating complicated flavors that include fifty trillion ingredients, I prefer plain chocolate. I was introduced to the amazingness of chocolate ice cream on the summer of 2005, where I was in Germany visiting my grandma. Germany is famous for having one of the best ice cream brands in the world, Häagen Dazs, which has a specialty in making chocolate ice cream. Till this day I remember waking up there and begging my parents for one euro, the cost of the ice cream. I would run down to the mall five blocks away from our house with my grandma, only to get ice cream. The blonde worker lady would automatically start making my ice cream from the first second of seeing me. She knew what I came for and she knew what I wanted. Chocolate ice cream has that sweetness that no other food or item can provide to me. Whether my family and me go shopping, visiting a friend, exploring, we always stop to buy ice cream. Not eating ice cream for a day there would be like going a day without eating or drinking. We would buy ice cream and feed the ducks and enjoy the long refreshing walk back home. Now whenever I eat chocolate ice cream, I remember the fun time I had in Germany. Even though the chocolate is not the same here and there, I enjoy and look forward to eating it.

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how such a simple flavor reminds you of the country you love. It would be exciting to eat ice cream every day and be able to depart to the store anytime you wanted ice cream. I would laugh at the idea of you walking into an ice cream store and hearing the workers yell, “Get the usual. It’s him again.”

    ReplyDelete