Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Magic of No Technology

     This was an experience. I have been born in the world of technology, and staying away from technology for ONLY 30 minutes felt like a part of me was missing. There were so many times that I reached for my phones to check Snapchat or Twitter, but all I had with me was pencil, paper, and a beautiful view that I had never noticed before. Sitting in the backyard of my house and looking at the extraordinary view, I was in a trance that was relaxing and comforting. For 15 to 20 minutes, I forgot about writing since I was feeling something I had never felt before. My mind was clear. I observed the birds flying in their V formation. It was amazing to see how they all fly at the same speed in such a calm way. I also saw the neighbor’s dog eating our plants. My dad had always blamed me for destroying the plants with the basketball. I laughed as the dog continued munching.

     This exercise opened my eyes to the beautiful nature that I had not paid attention to. My mind was clear afterwards, and for 30 minutes I did not think about any problems. I was free and I felt free. After I finished my 30 minutes outside, I went and took a nap. I woke up with no problems. I enjoyed it. I realized that I should have done something similar every day. That is why I have dedicated at least 10 minutes of everyday to sit outside, enjoy, and relax.

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting blog post you posted this time around Davit. Your results were different from mine and that is what intrigued me to read your post. What was amusing to me was the fact that a dog was ruining the plants but your father would get upset at you for destroying them. Overall astonishing blog post Davit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting how birds manage to fly in a perfect V formation without breaking loose. After the thirty minutes had been up, you should have gotten a video camera and shown your father what the dog did. After this, you could have laughed in your dad’s face because he gets mad at you. I find it hilarious that you sat there, laughed as the dog munched the plants, and took the blame for the destruction of the plants. In the end, you did manage to clear your mind, which was the purpose of this blog.

    ReplyDelete